There are many kinds of companies that rely on professional laundry services. The image of many businesses depends heavily on perfection and cleanliness. If you are looking to hire a laundry service, you might find that it can be a difficult decision. There are a lot of different sized operations, and they do have their own characteristics and advantages, A small, personalized service can offer you more hands on care than a large service. But they can’t do the high volume. And large companies should be less prone to business interruptions and usually have leading-edge equipment. Here are some of the things you should look at when you are making your decision.
- Reputation: Any professional laundry service will have a list of references and recommendations from clients. If you really want to make sure you are going to get perfection, you can visit a restaurant or hotel serviced by a potential supplier. There you will see what kind of work they do, and you might find out some inside information too.
- Equipment: The best equipment is likely to do the best job, all other things being equal. You should ask questions about the equipment and do a little research to see who, really is number one.
- Attention to Detail: If you need things done in a certain way, for example a particular system of inventory control. Or maybe even specific folds or packaging. You should ask direct questions and be specific. Companies offering laundry service will be more than happy to answer all your questions and go the extra step whenever possible.
- Consistency: Consistency is the result of good management and good business procedures and controls. If you have a hundred beds to make up every day, or you go through several thousand cloth napkins a week, you are going to want those items returning on a regular schedule and delivered in the same matter with same folds every time. That way you don’t have to waste time doing extra inventory and wondering if you will have enough linens for the weekend.
- Cost: Of course, you are going to consider the cost, but it is good to analyse this factor last, because you are likely going to find what you need before you get to that point. But save where you can of course.
Laundry services are one of those services that you don’t want your guests to notice. It is important to make sure that your laundry service isn’t something that comes up in their reviews. Choose wisely.