Dark eye circles are usually not a medical concern. However, if they make you feel self-conscious or they interfere with your daily life, you may want to consult an aesthetic clinic at https://harmonyaesthetics.sg/ for dark eye circles removal in Singapore.
Dark eye circles are a common skin condition that can be caused by a variety of factors, such as:
- Genetic skin conditions: This is one of the most common causes of dark eye circles. Skin type can also play an important role; those with lighter skin are more prone to developing darker eye circles than those with darker complexions.
- Allergies: Allergic reactions or having hay fever can result in swelling that causes blood vessels to be prominent around the eyes, thus giving you that tired look, especially when lack of sleep worsens your condition.
- Heredity: If your parents suffered from dark eye circles, then there’s a tendency that you will develop the same condition someday.
- Lack of sleep: People who don’t get enough or restful sleep tend to suffer from dark eye circles too.
- Excessive exposure to water: Those who have a habit of swimming are also at risk for developing this condition. The tightness of the goggle frame’s suction, which aids in water removal, may push goggle frames deep into the sensitive tissue beneath your eyes, exaggerating puffiness and dark circles.
What do Aesthetic Doctors do to Treat Dark Eye Circles?
If your dark eye circles bother you significantly, then you may want to consider having a consultation with an experienced aesthetic doctor or clinic. Your doctor will first need to know what is causing them so they can prescribe the most appropriate treatment.
They’ll generally start with a physical exam and ask about your medical history and lifestyle habits such as smoking and drinking. You may also need blood tests or other tests to confirm the actual cause of your dark eye circles.
As for the methods that dermatologists use to treat dark eye circles, there are several options that your aesthetic doctor can recommend, depending on what caused your dark eye circles. For instance, if allergies are causing them, then you may be prescribed antihistamine medications or other medications so the symptoms will subside.
If it is heredity, then there’s no specific treatment for this type of dark eye circles, but you may opt to consult a genetic counselor instead who can suggest ways on how you can cope with this condition. If the dark eye circles develop because genes are causing an underlying health problem, your physician might want to address it before treating the symptoms.
Treatment for these types of dark eye circles usually involves a combination of medication and laser surgery. For example, if there is a lack of proper blood flow because the veins are too prominent, then your physician might opt for a Sclerotherapy treatment that will flatten them out or use filler injections to hide them. In some cases, surgical procedures may be necessary to remove large veins under the skin.
Laser surgery may also be used for dark eye circles removal in Singapore, mostly if they’re caused by age-related thinning of the skin under the eyes. Your aesthetic clinic can also recommend anti-aging creams containing retinoids or other ingredients, which can help tighten up this area and reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
You may even choose to use makeup such as concealers and foundation to cover up your dark eye circles. However, you should know that there are several risks associated with different dark eye circles removal options.
Depending on the treatment option recommended for your dark eye circles removal in Singapore, you may experience pain and redness to the skin around your eyes, so you might feel uncomfortable for a few days after the procedure. Another risk is that the results may not be immediate or permanent, so touch-ups may be necessary in some cases; also, if you continue to smoke after laser surgery, then your dark eye circles will only recur again.
Some people experience side effects like puffiness of the eyes or loose skin; thus, during recovery. So, make sure that you take time off from work or other activities that require alertness as this condition makes it difficult for you to see well, especially when driving.
Advice on how to Prevent and Treat Dark Eye Circles Naturally
One of the most common questions we get constantly is why do I have dark eye circles, and how can I prevent them naturally? As explained above, you first need to know what is causing the dark eye circles you’re bothered with. Here are top recommendations on how to prevent dark eye circles naturally depending on what could be causing the dark eye circles.
- Dark eye circles due to lack of sleep: If you discover that your dark eye circles are due to lack of sleep, then the best at-home treatment for you is to use an eye mask or take a nap; people who do this will notice that their dark circles tend to disappear after getting enough rest.
- Dark eye circles caused by allergies: The first thing you need to do is avoid exposure to possible allergens, especially during specific seasons like winter and springtime. Use an antihistamine medication so the symptoms will subside.
- Sun-exposure dark eye circles: Use sunscreen wherever you go outside, especially if the sun is too strong. Also, use sunglasses to prevent further darkening of your under eye area.
- Dark eye circles due to age: As we grow older, our skin does not produce as much collagen and elastin which are important elements in maintaining firmness and elasticity; thus, this makes our skin thinner. For this reason, you may want to use anti-aging products like creams containing retinoids or peptides that can tighten up the under-eye area to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. You may even choose to use makeup such as foundation or concealers to cover up your dark eye circles; it will also help you bring back life into your appearance by concealing the dark areas.
- Dark eye circles due to stress: If you notice that your dark circles keep getting worse, especially during stressful times, then it’s time for you to do something about it; never ignore this troubling problem as it can affect how people see you. At the same time, make sure that you get enough sleep and avoid stress.
The Bottom Line
There are many options for dark eye circles removal in Singapore, but the best way is to address the issue right from its roots. This means that you need to know what’s causing the discoloration under your eyes and then choose an effective treatment or remedy that will help you eliminate your dark eye circles for good.
If you have any query about which treatment option would be best for you, feel free to get in touch with our medical team for an assessment and a look into the treatment options that would be the best fit for you. Call (+65 6970 5418) to schedule your appointment now.
Harmony Aesthetics Clinic Singapore
101 Irrawaddy Rd, #09-01 Royal Square @ Novena, Singapore 329565
+65 6970 5418